This book has a lot of good points that I will certainly apply to my life, but I feel like it could have gone a little deeper into many of the points. I don’t follow Lilly on Youtube, but I am familiar with some of her work and have seen a few of her videos. However, since I don’t follow her, there were a few parts in the book I just don’t care about because they relate more to her projects that I’m not as familiar with. I certainly admire her for how hard she has worked, and she is very inspiring and a good role model for not only our generation, but also those who are older and younger.
Since this book consists mostly of short chapters that focus on key points, I thought I’d just transcribe my notes into my review.
[Red = quotes. Blue = favorite quotes. Black = my thoughts.]
- Sometimes you have to block out distracting emotions in order to get things done, especially if other team members are relying on you (Loc 548).
- When you need to get your hustle on, be driven by goals, not emotions (Loc 562).
- Make every struggle count and remember that experience will always be a silver lining (Loc 584).
- A Bawse should know when to take the time to think something through and when to simply make a quick decision (Loc 632).
- It’s important to realize when time is being wasted and to take a step back (Loc 653).
- Making mistakes brings you one step closer to success (Loc 657).
- Call yourself out (Loc 722).
- Mistakes don’t exist just to make us feel bad about ourselves; they are opportunities that we should not ignore or shy away from (Loc 739).
- Like any other relationship, the one you have with yourself takes time and effort (Loc 1064).
- You cn only enjoy something if you take a moment to apprecite it and pay attention to it (Loc 1101).
- Sometimes you need to pause so you don’t burn out, like you did in college.
- Fear and nervousness are things you shouldn’t be afraid to experience (Loc 1283).
- Inspiration is the fuel for your hustle (Loc 1444).
- Don’t give up before you even try (Loc 1614).
- I think it’s important to be familiar with the content that exists alongside mine (Loc 1709).
- I want to stay in the league, so I keep up to date on the game (Loc 1792).
- The best part about the game of life is that we’re on so may teams at the same time (Loc 1799).
- Don’t be afraid to ask others for help, especially if they’re willing to offer it.
- Procrastination is a hustler’s worst enemy. It’s that little voice inside of us that craves instant gratification and convinces us that almost anything can be put off for later, no matter how unrealistic (Loc 1981).
- Say what you ean, but don’t say it mean (Loc 2994).
- Not being nice is like poisoning yourself with bad vibes (Loc 3796).
- Successful people understand the importance of positivity (Loc 3807).
- Promoting what you love results in seeing more of what you love in the world (Loc 3879).
- It’s a beautiful thing to have your mind, body, and soul all working together to achieve a common goal. When everything i in harmony, you’ll never have to lie or be fake. You can just be unapologetically yourself. Take about #SquadGoals (Loc 4068).